Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sweatin' it up

We're experiencing a sudden heat wave in this large Canadian city of mine. I waited until nearly 11pm to go out for my run last night (C25K W4D3) but the temperature was still significantly higher than it has been for any of my other runs thus far. I ended up sweating a lot more than I ever have. I must admit that I kindof enjoyed sweating more because it felt somehow... cleansing? It testified to the fact that I really had worked hard. I prefer the sweat-dripping-down-my-face sensation over the beet-red-face-but-somehow-no-sweat-is-being-released sensation that I often have. (Not sure if this distinction makes sense to anyone!) With all that sweating, I was really glad that I was wearing my contact lenses because feeling my glasses slide down my sweaty nose is one of my pet peeves! I do prefer running in cooler temperatures so hopefully this humidity will subside soon. Even after a long cold shower last night, my face was still red when I went to bed.

I'm a bit nervous about Week 5 : the runs jump from 5 minutes to 8 minutes to 20 minutes! But I have learned to trust this program over the last 4 weeks so I'm thinking positive and believing that if I've made it this far, I must be ready for Week 5. I think back to my first run with my buddy when I ran about a half of the big circle track at the park. This past Saturday I ran at least 5 times that before taking a walking break. (Can you tell I'm all about the positive mental talk?)

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately I can TOTALLY relate to "the beet-red-face-but-somehow-no-sweat-is-being-released sensation." It's really not fun at all. I find that because of it I tend to get overheated and end up with a massive headache. I must say though, that getting up early for my runs has really helped. Somehow I ACTUALLY SWEAT when it's not blazing hot outside. Go figure!!

    ReplyDelete