Tuesday, May 18, 2010

C25K Week 4 + New Shoes

Runners seem to be really zealous about the need for appropriate footwear so I'm ashamed to say that for the past 3 weeks, I've been running in shitty sneakers that I bought 4 years ago at Payless. But lo and behold, the situation has been rectified! I am now the proud owner of (okay, wait, let me go check...) Mizuno Wave Inspire running shoes, purchased this morning at the Running Room.

Generally speaking, I find running shoes to be quite ugly. Even these ones are all gray mesh with lime accents and those ubiquitous jagged lightning bolt details on the side. BUT these are comfortable and I really do feel like they are facilitating better running.

Which brings me to tonight! I did Week 4 Day 1 of C25K, which entailed running two intervals of 3 minutes and 2 intervals of 5 minutes, with walking breaks in between of course. I remember some friends sharing that they found the jump from week 3 to week 4 to be pretty startling. Although I am amazed that I ran for a total of 16 minutes out of 21, I didn't find it too overwhelming. As usual, I think my longer weekend runs really build my confidence for starting the new week with C25K.

No comments:

Post a Comment