Monday, May 10, 2010

List of Runs Thus Far

(Just to be clear, when I say "run" at this point, I mean intervals of walking and jogging.)

Saturday, April 24 - my very first run with my running buddy. I felt this one for a few days.

Monday, April 26 - Day 1 of the "Couch to 5K" running program. This was a lot easier than what I'd done on Saturday so I felt encouraged!

Thursday, April 29 - C25K Week 1 Day 2

Saturday, May 1 - another run with my buddy, roughly equivalent to C25K W1 D3

Monday, May 3 - C25K Week 2 Day 1

Wednesday, May 5 - C25K Week 2 Day 2. This one felt hard, for some reason. My body felt tired and heavy. But I sprinted for the last few seconds and that felt good. I remember smiling as I pushed it.

Friday, May 7 - C25K Week 2 Day 3. I tried a new time of day (mid-morning) and some new scenery (the posh neighbourhood next to our poor one) but still felt kindof sluggish, like on Wednesday. I wonder if it's because I was expecting my period.

Sunday, May 9 - run with my buddy. This was the best run ever, even though it was freezing cold out. I was amazed at how far I was able to go before I stopped to walk a bit. Our conversation (about books and birth and families) was stimulating and maybe the fact that I wasn't running for a set amount of short time enabled me to really feel whether or not my body needed a break. Plus there was something invigorating about the cold.

So these are all the pre-blog runs that I've done. I'm proud of how much I've improved in only 2 weeks. It feels like it's been longer than that.

Excited to tackle C25K Week 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment