Saturday, May 15, 2010

Joyful Weekend Runs

It seems like I always surprise myself when I run with my buddy.

This won't mean anything to my myriads of random readers, but for my own personal record-keeping: today we started running as we crossed the train tracks and we ran down and around the little lake, and then all the way around the circular "track" BEFORE I took my first walking break. Honestly, three weeks ago, I would run maybe half of the "track" and then walk half. Today as we ran that first stretch, I kept thinking to myself, "does my body need a break? could I go further?" and then I'd be swept up in our conversation again.

So is distraction the key to running success? I don't mind if it is, although interestingly, my running buddy was telling me about another running friend of hers who refuses to listen to music as he runs, preferring to stay in the moment and just do running. Although I'm generally attratcted to the "be in the moment" type of sentiment, with running, I'm looking forward to the days when I won't need the C25K interval cues and I can download some podcasts from CBC or something to listen to as I run my 5Ks.

No comments:

Post a Comment