Sunday, May 9, 2010

the Brand New Title of my Brand New Blog

Mornings around here are usually very leisurely. Our alarm clock / 2-year-old daughter wakes us up sometime between 7:30 and 9:00 and we loiter, read some stories, eat breakfast together, and generally spend a couple hours waking up and getting ready for the rest of the day. So on the morning of my very first run, when I had planned to meet up with my running buddy about 15 minutes after I got out of bed, it was a bit of a jolt for me to announce to the 2-year-old that mama was going out. I tried to minimize my hasty departure by saying that I was "just going for a little run with Joey's mama." She felt sad to see me go. I may have promised her a timbit on return.

Later my husband brought her to the park, where Joey's mama and I had finished our run and were stretching on the grass. I told her that I was doing a "biiiiggggg stretch." And thus, a few days later, when she was pretending to go out by herself, she announched that she was going out for "a little run big stretch with Joey's mama."

So all of the credit for my lovely blog title must go to my little girl.

And I suppose it evokes other things as well, like how the idea of even a "little run" seemed like such a "big stretch" for someone as anti-running as me.

Yet here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment