Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Goodbye Intervals

I completed C25K Week 6 Day 2 yesterday, which means that I'm all done with the walking/running intervals. I find it hard to believe that I'm now ready for 25, 28, and 30 minute runs but I'm also looking forward to moving on. For the past few interval runs, I've been spending too much time wondering if the interval was almost over, but then feeling like I'm cooling down too much during the walks.

That being said, the little soreness in my left knee that I mentioned a while ago hasn't really gone away. I'll ice it (or rather, frozen-green-pea it) and maybe wait until Thursday for W6D3.

My parents are helping out so much with household chores, cooking and childcare during their visit. Yesterday I took advantage of their presence and went out for my run in the mid-morning, which is usually not a convenient timeslot for me to leave the house. There were way more runners in the park than I usually see. I had fun noting their speed and gait, and speculating on whether they were experienced runners or beginnners. I wonder what I'd assume if I could see myself plodding along...?!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think that I want to contemplate what I look like while running...it certainly can't be pretty! I'm sure it's at least a little bit better when other people are around. Bad news is that there are RARELY any folks around. Once in a blue moon a car will pass by, but that's about it. So the ugly running will continue for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on leaving intervals behind! It still seems a bit scary to me but my first non interval run isn't till Sunday so I have time to get used to the idea :)

    ReplyDelete