Thursday, June 3, 2010

20. Whole. Non-stop. Minutes.

Just a quick post to say that I did it! Week 5 is over! The 20-minute run last night went well. I downloaded a new podcast to keep myself entertained and spent a large part of the run marvelling at being able to run for 20 minutes. 20 minutes?! I imagined telling my husband about it when I got home, I imagined writing this post, I imagined finishing the C25K program a month from now.

I have a bunch of posts and thoughts on running floating around in my head but I need to go do some school work now (I'm a grad student).

To those of you who are still working up to W5D3 - you CAN do it!

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! Sounds like you're on cloud nine...deservingly so! Congrats on completing the entire run without walking! You're amazing!

    Looking forward to hearing more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed. I couldn't even do W1D3 all the way through... you're definitely an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad for a positive outlook on Week 5. I just finished week 3 and find it hard to imagine that in 2 weeks time, I'll be needing to run for 20 minutes! Awesome job to you. Good luck with the homework and can't wait to read more later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have no idea how strange it is to think that MY running might be inspiring others! It's really exciting and humbling because I have so very recently been inspired by my running friends and never thought I could run with them!

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm half way through week 4 and still finding the 5 min run tough but wanted to say well done on your 20 mins run. Its great to take inspiration and encouragement from others on the journey.

    ReplyDelete