Thursday, June 10, 2010

25 Minutes, Nudity Included

Ah, the joys of big city parks! Towards the end of my run, I passed a man who was peeing by a bush. It was a very non-subtle public urination - he was peeing by a bush, and definitely not behind a bush or hidden by a bush, and his pants were mid-thigh, if not lower. I was mildly shocked and amused, although I did look over my shoulder a couple times afterward to make sure the nudity wasn't following me.

Apart from that exciting anecdote, what can I say about tonight's run? Well, I hadn't run since Monday and I was really looking forward to it. I was home all day today while it rained outside and I was feeling like I needed to de-stress a bit and get out of the house (by which I literally mean apartment). I made it though my first 25 minute run (C25K Week 6 Day 3), which is pretty amazing. Seriously, it's amazing that I (and all my fellow C25K-ers) can run 25 minutes after having only ever run 20 minutes one time, and otherwise only ever running 10 minutes at a time. When I first started tonight, I thought 25 minutes would feel so long, but before the podcast informed that I was in my final minute, I would've guessed that I had at least 5 minutes left.

While I'm pleased just to be able to complete a 25-minute run (that is, slow jog), I do look forward to the days when it'll be easier and feel more natural. Apart from a few moments here and there when I feel like I'm gliding along, I often feel awkward and kindof heavy. I somehow think it'll feel more graceful when I can maintain a faster pace. I'm getting there!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100% about the feeling heavy part. It seems that when I slow my pace to help with my breathing, my legs just feel so heavy... it almost seems more difficult. I don't know which is worse, not being able to breathe or feeling like I have legs made of concrete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great run!!! I'm proud of you for completing it! I can related to the heavy body thing too. Some days are better than others, but overall I feel pretty uncoordinated. I wonder if I'll ever feel like I have it together. Some people just make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops...that was supposed to be "relate" not "related." My fingers aren't great at this typing thing!

    ReplyDelete